- Category A: Theme “HOME”, Single photo (Single image representing the theme “Home”)
- Category B: Theme “HOME”, Photo story (2 to 5 images representing the theme “Home”)
- Category C: Open theme, Single photo (Single image representing any theme)
- Category D: Open theme, Photo story (2 to 5 images representing any theme)
• Video (videos 6 to 180 seconds in length)
- Category E: Theme “HOME”, 6 to 180 seconds in length
- Category F: Open theme, 6 to 180 seconds in length
All winning images will be unveiled on the Nikon Photo Contest 2014-2015 official website (www.nikon-photocontest.com/en/) at the Judging Results page.
The year’s contest marks the first time submissions in the video categories were judged separately. Both photography and video categories also allowed entries by other digital imaging devices, another first for the international photo contest. Recognising the enthusiasm and skills of the youths, the Generation N award was also introduced this year as a new award for participants of age 19 and under.
Of all the works submitted from 21,100 participants, a total of 109 were chosen as winners. Judges selected two Grand Prize winners, one each in the photography and video categories respectively, 96 participants for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners from each category, and 10 winners of the new Generation N. In addition, one winner was also selected for the Participants Award for Most Popular Entry based on the contest participants’ votes.
The final judging took place over five days from April 23 to 27, 2015 in Shanghai, China by a global panel of 14 judges of varying age, gender, social and cultural background, in their respective expertise for the photography and videography categories. Winners were selected based on their ability to tell a universal story, diversity, message, creativity, and the techniques that best expressed these concepts.
An awards ceremony, to be attended by selected winners including the Grand Prize winners, is scheduled for July 14, 2015 in Shanghai.
Award-winning works from the Nikon Photo Contest 2014-2015 will also be exhibited at the Nikon Salon (www.nikon-image.com/activity/salon/) as follows:
• Tokyo, Ginza Nikon Salon: October 7 (Wednesday) to October 20 (Tuesday), 2015
• Osaka, Osaka Nikon Salon: October 29 (Thursday) to November 4 (Wednesday), 2015